Lars has a deep insight into Citrix and Microsoft technologies and the capability to translate this knowledge into building Citrix enterprise infrastructures.
Lars is always willing to listen and proactively seeks to resolve problems before they become larger issues.
Profile at a glance
Citrix expert currently looking for new opportunities.
- Chief Citrix Consultant
- More than 10 years of experience with advanced Citrix solutions
- Specialties: Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix Provisioning Service, Microsoft
- Teamlead for "Citrix Frontoffice" and member of "Unified Architecture Team" in SimCorp
- Thorough understanding for IT User Experiences
- Excellent presentation skills
- Interviewed by IT-magazine Version2.dk article link
Lars in action
Who Am I?
I have a combined 26 years of experience in electronics and IT systems, and with a successful track record in achieving first class results in IT design and implementation.
My main focus and interest is Citrix products and solutions, and during the last +10 years I have strived to be in front when it comes to knowledge about Citrix technology and how it can support the business.
Being an extrovert person, I like to socialize and develop myself professionally as well as personally. I am innovative and always trying to understand the users and their needs. Thus explaining and simplifying complex IT solutions is important for me.
A global company specialized in financial software with international customers (NASDAQ OMX CPH)
- Daily maintenance on Citrix installations for 1100 internal users and 100 external course users.
- Responsible for design, implementation, strategy and vision within Citrix products.
- Team lead for Citrix & Front office group.
- Member of the Unified Architecture Team in SimCorp Global IT.
- Co-writer for Global IT infrastructure regarding strategy and vision.
- SME regarding development of “SimCorp Dimension” and customer cases regarding Citrix.
- Technical Presenter, executing presentation and demo of new IT solutions for end-users.
- Designed and implemented a state of the art Virtual Desktop Infrastructure for 1100 end-users with XenDesktop, XenApp, XenServer and Provisioning Services from Citrix, which resulted in a significant decrease of user incidents.
- Designed and implemented an effective RES PowerFuse environment for 700 end-users on a Citrix platform, supporting the user needs.
- Designed and implemented an effective Citrix XenApp Farm for training SimCorp’s international customers in “SimCorp Dimension” with access worldwide.
- SME in minor and major projects: SaaS, Managed Service, DR, VDI, new AD etc.
- Successfully designed, build and supported the Citrix part of a SaaS/Managed service solution for SimCorp’s customers.
- Effectively implemented “Point of business” as IT asset management system.
- Taught and demoed Citrix, Lync and Direct Access for 100 end-users in NY USA.
- Successfully presented SimCorp’s Citrix and RES PowerFuse setup for 300 RES customers at a RES user conference in Amsterdam and also for 20 Lean-On customers in Copenhagen.
- Advising “SAXO bank” in SimCorp’s use of Citrix technology, by request from “Citrix DK”.
- Assisted with Citrix troubleshooting:
- “Erste Management” in Switzerland
- “Baloise” in Austria
- “Danske Capital”
- Interviewed by IT-magazine Version2.dk regarding SimCorp’s use of Citrix technology article link
A minor consultancy company for SMB customers in DK
- Assisting various customers within Microsoft and Citrix products etc.
- Assisting Difko A/S in moving datacenter and headquarter from Copenhagen to Holstebro.
- Working for Difko in Holstebro, 3 days weekly in a 6 weeks period, supporting the 50+ users.
Royal Danish Navy
Maritime and land-based service
- Missile and artillery expert for several naval ships.
- Land based mobile technical naval support, in relation to electronic weapon systems.
- Completed education as Electro Mechanic.
- Stationed twice in the Adriatic Sea under FN during the war in former Yugoslavia and awarded the NATO medal for the service.
Certificates (see all 5 tabs )
Capabilities (see both tabs)
- Infrastructure, Architecture & Design
- Strategy, Vision & Innovation
- User understanding
IT experiences & knowledge:
- XenApp, XenDesktop
- Provisioning Services
- Access Gateway
Citrix - experience:
Citrix - knowledge:
- DNS, DHCP
- Windows Client & Server
- MS SQL
Microsoft - experience:
Microsoft - knowledge:
- VbScript & Batch
- SMS PASSCODE
Misc. - experience:
Misc. - knowledge:
Extract from my LinkedIn profile.
I highly recommend Lars as one of the best Citrix engineers in Denmark.
He has a broad view and a deep insight into Citrix and Microsoft technologies and the capability to translate this knowledge into building Citrix enterprise infrastructure across timezone in a global company.
Furthermore Lars is a dedicated and goal-oriented as well as a good coach and collegue.www.thalesgroup.com
I've been working with Lars for 7 years, the last year in same department and it has always been a pleasure.
He is a very dedicated professional person that never declines to help any colleague.
He is very professional and he is a very skilled technician.
I really appriciated Lars as a human being and would recommend him anytime.www.simcorp.com
Lars has been a joy to work with the last four years.
He understands what drives business even though the demands of a subsidiary may be different than those at headquarters.
He is always willing to listen and proactively seeks to resolve problems before they become larger issues.
It has been a pleasure working with him.www.modulo.com.br
I have nothing but good words for Lars.
Professionally he is very good at finding solutions to difficult problems and is not afraid of thinking out of the box.
Lars is very trust-worthy and professional. To keep it short "he get's the job done".
As a person Lars is down to earth and it is always a pleasure being around him.www.simcorp.com
I have worked with Lars to and from during the last decade and he has an amazing amount of knowledge around citrix and remote working environments.
Lars is very motivated and does not give up until he solves the problems he is set to solve, even if that means working late at night to work with colleagues on the other side of the globe.www.simcorp.com